Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2 years old going on .... 16?

Lainey has decided she LOVES cars, not playing with cars.... Driving cars! I can't tell you how many times I have found her inside our car pretending she is driving to grandmas, the store, a friends house... you name it! The other day, it was raining so we couldn't go outside so the real car was unavailable for her play (like it is ever SUPPOSED to be available!) so she made her own. She emptied my laundry basket (of course I had just loaded it with folded clothes to be hauled upstairs... =D ) found her booster seat and put it inside and found her "cell phone", keys (random extra key chains that I have put together with some old keys for her) and off she went. If I remember correctly, she was headed to grandma's house on this day. I love her impness and creativity to figure out how to make her play happen. How can you not respect her determination to make it all come together? If I only had half that determination I could concur the world!
P.S. I didn't even get mad at her for emptying the laundry basket... how could you get mad at that?!? Using her "cell phone" to call daddy to let him know of his progress
"Driving" her car. I think she was speeding!

My imp... what more can you say?!?
(the blue on her face? Her new favorite love, stickers. It doesn't matter where they come from, but they ALWAYS go on the cheeks!)

2 comments:

cheeks said...

she's very creative....you have to give her credit for that! I love their little Easter get-up! THey look way cute! You on ly have 2 1/2 weeks left?!? SO EXCITING! GOOD LUCK!!!

Kathy said...

How big she is!!! Oh my goodness! That is very cute too, her creative playing like that!