Monday, April 13, 2009

Ultrasound Update

First of all, Happy late Easter. I have photos I want to share, but that is going to have to come at a later date. The camera is down stairs and I'm done walking up and down stairs for the day! =D I have people waiting on an update on my latest Doc appointment so I wanted to quickly get this written for them.

At my doctor's appointment today we did another ultrasound to see how our little peanut is fairing. She looks great at this point. She is a little smaller then my due date says at this point, measuring in at 31 weeks, instead of 33 weeks like I currently am. Her guesstimate weight is at this point is 4 lbs 3 oz. It totally boggles the mind that I am carrying 4 lbs of baby in there! We finally got to see our first profile picture of the little munchkin. She was sucking her thumb!! So cute. We have a real mover and shaker in there. Even the doctor commented on how much she was jiving in there! She has moved to the head down position, which is great....

EXCEPT....

You guessed it. The placenta has NOT moved an INCH... unless you count settling in more fully over the cervix. I still have a complete Placenta Previa and at this point there is very little, if no hope for it to move. It would just have to move too much in too little time. So, I am officially having a C-section. It is tentatively set for the last week in May, making me 39 weeks. Seeing that she is on the small (but still within the safe parameters) side, they want to give her as much time to bulk up as they can, without risking me going into labor on my own as that could be very dangerous for both me and the baby. There are a few things that could have this baby coming earlier then planned, such as my blood pressure being funky, or severe bleeding but hopefully everything will be smooth sailing from here on out!

Here's to hoping!

3 comments:

About Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
About Me said...

Guess ya gotta take the good with the bad, huh? We're glad your 4 pound peanut is healthy and doing well though! One nice thing about C-sections, no calling someone at three in the morning to come watch your other kiddos so you can go to the hospital.

We love ya all and are praying for you!

Kathy said...

My mom had placenta previa too! Not fun, but thank goodness for all the technology we have! Doctors now can take much better care of us! Praying all goes well for you!