Thursday, January 22, 2009

Placenta Previa

O.k. folks, I got a call from my doc this morning. The baby looks wonderful. All pictures showed that she is doing as wonderfully as can be expected. I DO have complete placenta previa. This is when the Placenta is completely covering the cervix. Not a good situation for a natural birth, in fact it is impossible. This means that a c-section could seriously be in my immediate future. The doc said that Complete Placenta Previa "usually" doesn't move out of the way all the way and that automatically means c-section. We will do another ultrasound at 36 weeks to see if the placenta has moved and if it hasn't then we will schedule a c-section for 38 weeks, which means this baby could come mid-May. We are officially changing my due date to June 1st (Yeah) There isn't anything I can do to "make" it move, it just happens on it's own, so without sounding "preachy" any thoughts or prayers sent for this to correct itself would be wonderful. I am scared spitless for the dang epidural. (selfish, I know but it's a NEEDLE in my back!!) No matter what the outcome, it's nice to know that the baby is looking good and developing according to plan... Now all we need is a name. Anyone have any suggestions?!?

3 comments:

Min said...

I've had 2 c-sections with a 3rd on the horizon and it's fine. Recovery is a little harder and longer, but it's a great excuse to take it easier longer. The important thing is the baby gets here safe. Everything else is worth it!

Leisha said...

You are having a girl!! Congrats!! I will for sure send some prayers your way!Love you much cousin!

About Me said...

I've always loved the name "Ember" for a girl, but it's too close to my sister's name, Amber. It might go well with your other semi-unique names too. I also like "Rory" (big Gilmore Girls fan I guess). You're welcome to use either. What names have you thought of? What does John like?