Monday, January 12, 2009

really REALLY late updates =D

So, Merry Chirstmas! Yep... it's me again, and I am really that far behind!!

We had a wonderful christmas this year. We stayed home in Moscow, which ended up being a mixed blessing because even if we had planned to travel there was a real possibility we wouldn't have been able to make it! There was A LOT of snow here. It seemed like it snowed over the whole christmas break!

We saved our pennies and was able to fly John's mom up for Christmas this year. It was a little dicey getting her here, her flight from SLC to Spokane ended up being cancelled and she had ONE chance on a stand by flight before she was stuck in the airport for 3 days before they could get her on another flight. Luckily she made the standby flight into Lewiston, (which was a blessing as the roads were 100% better headed that way. All of Spokane was declared a disaster area and every road but 2 were "closed") She finally made it to our house at about 1 am. It was a LONG day for her! But we were glad to have her here. She suffered a stroke a few months back so John and I felt it was important to have the children be able to spend some time with her as life can be so short!

We waited until Kathy (John's mom) was able to be here to decorate the tree. It was so much fun to see my two little munchkins be so excited to show off all the "cool" decorations to grandma before they were put up. It really was a lot of fun. It's amazing how much more fun some of these things can be when you look at it through the eyes of a child. I was really dreading the decorating of the tree because it was "so much work". But we ended up having a lot of fun and the work aspect kind of disappeared!

My kids were spoiled rotten this year! There were so many gifts under the tree for them! I think John and I had one present each under the tree and the rest was the kids. There were so many people who wanted to make sure my kids had a good Christmas we were really blessed. I appriciate everyone who loves my kids as much as I do!

Other then the usual crazy christmas morning (that didn't start until after 7:00 am THANK YOU CHILDREN!) we had a very laid back vacation. We played in the snow some, watched lots of movies and just enjoyed being around each other. We are very thankful for family and friends and all the blessings we have received this year.

We all hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas as well.

As for a quick update on baby, We are still taking it one day at a time. This baby seems to really be a mover and a shaker. The baby likes to kick a lot in the evening times. Kyrin has gotten to be able to feel him/her once and he thought it was TOTALLY awesome. John has yet to feel the baby because whenever I call him over to feel, the baby stops moving as soon as he puts his hand on my bump! It does make it nice for me when I want some sleep at night though, John just puts his hand on my belly and the baby stops moving and I get some relief! We have another doc appointment this week for the same old drill but the big news is our "big" ultrasound will be Jan 21!! (at 6:45 AM... yes that's right AM!!!) At this ultrasound we should finally get an offical due date, the date currently is fluctuating between June 1 and June 11. We will hopefully be able to see how healthy this little one is, and if we are lucky if the baby resembles a Kyrin or a Lainey. Kyrin is still hoping for puppies though! Silly kid! If I am really nice, and good, (o.k. if I remember!!!) I'll update you all on the final decision, until then, feel free to post your guesses on sex in the comments. I would love to see what kind of vibe everyone else is feeling!

Love ya all, and take care!

No comments: