Monday, December 8, 2008

Let It Snow, Let it Snow, Let it....Rain?

My children are starting to get worried. We are now into December, and we haven't seen any snow. Kyrin thinks that we won't have snow for christmas, and I for one, am wondering if he is right! December 2nd was John's birthday, and this is the first year he can remember EVER that there wasn't snow. Last night, because of the joys of pregnancy, I was up at 3 AM. I looked out the window and saw our first skiffing of snow. I was excited for the kids. I pulled out snow boots and gloves for the morning, climbed back into bed, and heard the rain start. Needless to say, this morning there was no snow. The weathermen keep threating snow, but so far all we get is rain. I am starting to think I live in California. Now, usually I am one who would love the snow to hold off until we get to where ever we are heading for the holidays, but this year we are stuck here. I would love to have some snow so I could try to get into that holiday spirit. I could use it since we have no family this year. So, Let it SNOW, let it SNOW, let it SNOW!

2 comments:

About Me said...

I wouldn't complain too loudly, remember last year? Snow up to all of our eyeballs. I have to admit though it was fun. My kids won't know what to do without a white Christmas either.

Jill said...

We don't have snow yet either :( Although we are supposed to get big storms for the next week or so..so maybe we'll both get lucky!