Saturday, December 20, 2008

Another Doctor Appointment

We have had yet another doctor's appointment. The baby looks great. We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time, it is such a heady experience no matter how many times you get to experience it. To hear the life line of your new little being, it's a wow moment. The heart is beating at 162, so he/she is doing wonderful! I should be due for the 'big" ultrasound soon, but I totally forgot to ask about it! Opps. Prego brain strikes again! Kyrin was pretty upset that I wouldn't take him out of school to come to the appointment, but I promised he could be there for the ultrasound and that made it all o.k. again.

Lainey and I have both been sick, so instead of taking her to someones house and contaminating them, I brought her along with me to the doctor. After a bit of checking both Lainey and I, the doctor decided that I have a sinus infection that is contributing to the "morning" sickness and Lainey has bronchitis and an ear infection. We were both doped up with mediciations so hopefully this house can be healthy again soon. I have been sick since Dec 1, so I would rather enjoy not being sick anymore! And maybe, just maybe I can stop throwing up to boot!!! (what a foreign concept!)

We are slowly gearing up for Christmas at this house, we finally got our snow and the kids are happy and Kyrin says that Christmas can now come. I personally could use another 2 weeks or so to finally get all of Christmas ready. I am not ready for it in ONLY 5 days... I have a lot to still accomplish! Guess I better go get crackin'!! MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

1 comment:

About Me said...

I'm sorry you and Lainey have been so sick. Hope you feel better for the BIG DAY! Have a great cozy Christmas, we'll be thinkin of you. By the way, did you ever find room for a Christmas tree with that big couch in your way? :)