Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Better late then never! A total random update

O.k. so I am a total slacker and have fallen behind in my posting. I admit it. But I can't promise it won't happen again! =D In all honesty, I did have good intentions. I just wanted to wait until I had some real official diagnosis to share. Apparently I'm not that lucky so I will just share the situation and the "assumed" diagnosis.

Last month, when I went into the doctor my blood pressure was up and I was beginning to have small amounts of protein in my urine. All this points toward pre-eclamsia. With my history, pre-e was only a matter of time, but it is a little earlier then I was hoping. ( I am currently at 27 weeks 2 days) At this point in time, they aren't doing anything special for it (except ask me to come in for an extra blood pressure check, that I missed because we had the flu at my house) I have another doc appointment next week so we will see what is being said then. Hopefully with more rest, and less sick children, (we were sick at our house for 3 weeks of the month of February) my blood pressure will be down into the "more acceptable" range. The little muffin (who is still UNNAMED at this point, ACK!!) is growing like a weed. I am starting to get a visible belly that looks more like a preggo belly then a "man, is SHE getting FAT" belly! I have to admit, I am enjoying that aspect of it. No one likes to the be "fat" lady! I am carrying her very high, just like when I was preggo with Lainey. Must be a girl thing. =)

Kyrin and Lainey are doing very well too. Kyrin was chosen this week to be "detective of the week" (basically Student of the Week) in his class. He is loving the extra attention. He gets to be the line leader all week, help pass out papers, and serve lunch in the lunchroom. We also got to fill out and COLOR (yuck!!) a poster and send pictures of him to be put on the classroom bulletin board. After spending 10 days in the month of February home with illness (bronchitis, pink eye, and the ever dreaded flu) I think he is really enjoying being in the spotlight at school. I think he really missed being with people his own age.

Lainey is growing faster then I know what do with! I pulled out a bunch of 3T shirts, and the are almost all too short!! I have had to start purchasing 4T clothes for her just for the length in the torso. (of course that makes them all too big in the shoulders but what is a mom to do?!?) She still has her "witch moments" but she is such a love bug too. Today she crawled up on my lap and pulled my face to hers and said "mommy, I just need some cuddles!" How can a mom say No to that?!? She has had some issues with her speech lately, and I can't help but wonder if this new baby is playing a roll in it. She seems much more clingy lately and keeps telling me, "mommy, it's not our turn to have our baby." I shudder to think what a c-section and the resulting 3 days in the hospital is going to do to her. We are working on having daddy more involved in her night routine and helping her through her night terrors but she is still a 100% mommy's girl. Hopefully it won't scar her too much!

This is just a quick (if totally random) update on our family. I hope you and yours are doing well too! And if anyone has any name suggestions or ideas to help Lainey with the new baby transition, we REALLY need all the help we can get!!!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Thanks for the update! It's nice to know you all are doing okay. I have no name suggestions. Not very good in that department. Aaron chose the names of our littles. Kind of. Anyway.

Congrats to Kyrin on Detective of the Week!!!

Tessa said...

I am excited for you to have a new girl. Good luck with all of the complications. Have you tried showing Lainey other people's new born babies? Maybe if she had a speical new doll or something to take care of that would help a little.

Becki M said...

Thanks for all the suggestions, We have picked up a set of "twin" babies that will come to the hospital with us so she will have her own "new babies" to do the same thing as mommy does with baby sister. I have also been watching a little 6 month old boy since he was 2 months old and she seems to do o.k. with him, but i'm worried about when she realizes that this one will never "go home". We will figure it out, just not excited about the "transition period! =D