Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break... or maybe Winter Break!

A couple of weeks ago, the kids had Spring Break (I know... I'm a late poster, shame on me!) The weather has been so crappy here, that I didn't dare plan anything outside, and I was right. The weekend before Spring Break officially started, we got SNOW. A few inches of it. That meant outside time was cut short, everything was super MUDDY, you know the kind step out in it and lose your 2 year old because it is so deep mud! It made this mommy rack her brain to figure out something other then computer and x-box to do.

I had heard of a Science Center around here that was kid friendly, so I thought I would give it a try. It took a few attempts to find it, but I finally did and the kids LOVED it! It was all hands on for the kids and had a few different types of animals, including a snake, a HUGE spider, a noisy bird, and a few rats for the kids to look (but don't touch) at. We were there for about 2 hours, and I got whined at when it was time to leave, but I didn't pack any lunches and we were WAY past lunch time. The theme for the month was food and how it helps our bodies and it was really intriguing to see the different displays and hands on things they had for the kids to do. Ky really enjoyed the hand bike where you picked out a snack and then had to work off the calories from it. It really surprised him how much work he would have to do to work off strawberries, not to mention the candy bar!


They had things for Lainey's age too, including a small climbing apparatus, and activity boxes. I think her favorite thing to do was dig in the lentils to "find" the dinosaur bones. She kept trying to climb in for the "full body" experience!


After we were done, I enquired on how much a year pass would be. It was only $60 considering it cost me $20 to get in, I spent the extra money and got the year family pass. The kids are clamoring to go back, in fact, Kyrin has asked to skip school so he can go back... gotta love the kid! I know that we will be making many more stops to the science center to see what new displays they get.


I did bring my camera, but of course forgot to get it out until the very end when I was trying to round kids up! Oops, but enjoy the few I did get!











2 comments:

About Me said...

So FUN!!

Is it the kids science center up in Pullman that you went to? We went there once or twice back in the day. The girls loved it too.

BTW, how goes the pregnancy? How are you feeling? I miss our chats so so much! Love ya!

Becki M said...

yeah it was the one in Pullman. It's the devil to find! I was hoping to go again tomorrow, but I slipped in the 7 inches of snow we got last night today and now I'm hurting pretty good, I fell half in and half out of the car, thankfully John was there to get me up cuz I was STUCK! Preggo wise, we seem to be doing fine, I just need some warm weather so I can wear my flipflops so i don't have to bend over to tie my shoes anymore and stop wearing my coat because my seatbelt almost doesn't fit with it on anymore! Mother Nature really needs to be done with this crap! Missing you too, although I woudln't wish you to have to suffer through this weather either! Hugs lady!