Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's day thoughts

Usually, I sit down with a month of news to share and write it all down in a 10 page blog post. Not so much today. There really isn't any news, the kids are still living (even though it is "spring" break) I'm still in one peice, or as close to such as possible, but I did want to wish you all a

Happy Saint Patty's Day!
As I sit here today, I had a very interesting thought. This is probably one of the few times in my life I can say I have Irish blood in me. How can this be so? John is half Irish. His family has a VERY strong pull to the "old country". Every year we MUST participate in Corned Beef (although we do skip the cabbage) and I have actually grown to if not like it, enjoy it one time a year. But this year it will mean a little more. This year it is a little more special. I am carrying a true dyed in the wool Irish lass. I'm not the Irish outcast in my family this year. I have Irish blood in me. Even if it isn't my own.

No comments: